Saturday, 29 December 2007

Summer in February - BONEFISH!

As a stark contrast to the cold waters of the Exe flowing though Tiverton just a few short weeks later I found myself on a plane bound for Los Roques, in Venezuela on a hosted trip run in association with Aardvark McLeod.



I was joined by Stuart Forsyth, Alasdare Lambert and Martin Newton who have all fished with me at a variety of venues. Also on the trip were good mates James Warbrick Smith and top photographer Henry Gilbey. The journey by Air France is best forgotten but stepping out of the plane on to the Los Roques archipelago to a scenes of Tarpon & Bonefish smashing into minnows soon helped us forget!

Over the next few days we fished a variety of incredible Bonefish habitat, the pancake flats proving to be very interesting. This was Bonefishing at its best, sight casting to a stamp of fish that were always around a solid 3 to 4 pounds. Star of the week was Stu Forsyth all the way from Aberdeen who has been attending my guided trips for many years. He hooked some superb fish including this fine specimen that lead him a merry dance, not bad for a first time Bonefisher!



All too soon the trip came to an end, but with superb images like these to remind us of our adventure I was ready to face the season! Check out the blog over the coming days to see some of my guests notable 2007 catches & adventures. And remember I will also be revealing a very special limited addition product on New Years Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment