Friday, 11 January 2008

And now the weather ...

Are you getting bored with the forecast?! Give us a break, January is bad enough as it is, waiting for the weeks to go by until the new season. Although .... I will definitely be after a Pike sometime soon which provide superb winter fly fishing opportunities.

Lets be positive anyway, summer is on the way! Jon Hettle completed his June session with this lovely Grayling taken on an upstream dry fly. This species is now abundant in the Exe and I spend many days of the year guiding my guests in search of these quite stunning fish. Check out Henry Gilbeys site for some breathtaking Trout and Grayling action, much of which came from the Exe just a few minutes from where I type at this very moment. That said, even I don't fancy being up to my nipples in the raging torrent out there at present, Hardy EWS Waders to protect me or not!



More summer 2007 memories soon plus one of my top 3 most memorable fish of the year and this time I caught it!

No comments:

Post a Comment