Tuesday, 8 January 2008

Casting Practice

I was out on my first tuition job of the year today looking after Michael Archer. Seriously nice guy who came to me for some assistance with his casting in readiness for a trip to Mexico in February. We worked on his double haul, a great technique for creating high line speeds and accurate casts.

Meanwhile Mike picked my brains regarding Bonefish and Tarpon, plus Permit. I have hooked all the previously mentioned species but have yet to actually land a Tarpon having jumped several and played them for considerable time! Bones, had plenty, Permit ... I almost weep when I remember the double figure fish I lost in the Bahamas in June 2006. One day I will get back there and put the record straight.

Browsing our tackleshop Mike picked up some of these great Greys Guide Trousers which I wear myself regularly plus of course the all important Buff. He has also purchased Maui Jims from us before, the best fishing Polaroids there are. His wife should be pleased as he added a set for her to his shopping list! Hopefully Mike will be out in the garden practicing all he learned tomorrow ...

Continuing the 2007 review here is Jon Hettle on day 2 of his June visit with a simply awesome Clatworthy Rainbow. Taken on a dry I still have "STRIKE" ringing in my ears when I alerted him to the fact that a fish had just snaffled his Hopper!


No comments:

Post a Comment