Sunday, 6 January 2008

Quick Start to 2008!

Sitting down to write the blog is something I really look forward to, a great discipline and yet I have already missed a couple of days of the New Year. No wonder, 2008 has got off to a flyer. First of all I enjoyed a superb session with Henry here at Exe Valley collecting myself this cracking Rainbow on the way. This fish will feature in the March issue of Trout Fisherman mag and if you check here you will see this months front cover featuring a stunning Rainbow I caught during a day at Valley Springs.


Next up John Wolstenhome flew down from Alnwick to catch up with Henry and I regarding new product for the coming 2008 season. Wow! The amazing GTec range has been added to, check them out. Most exciting of all .. the Hardy Demon Fly Reel has arrived. This reel will change the way we perceive cartridge reels forever ... it is simply fantastic! Then there are additions to the awesome Streamflex range, some brilliant Hardy technical clothing and Fishpond also have some fantastic products including this ladies fly fishing vest.

Continuing my season review, here is a notable moment from May 2007. See the 2007 blog link for Jan to April 2007. This fish was caught by Patrick Totty from London. After a heavy session on the beer at Woods restaurant (if you haven't tried Woods yet you must!) he was feeling a little worse for wear. In a flat calm this 3 1/2 pound beauty soon sorted the hangover after sipping down a small dry. Note the rod is a Greys GTec!


If you struggle fishing dry flies or would like to take a more imitative approach I can help you! Check out my website for further details regarding my tailored fly fishing courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment