Thursday, 1 May 2008

Unusual Catch

After a great day with Henry Gilbey on Colliford yesterday it was back to teaching today. I had expected to find myself on the river but upon meeting my guest Paul Carr and discussing his experience to date found that he had not fly fished for 10 years and had only ever been 4 times! So we decided to stick it out on a lake spending his one day course learning about tackle, technique and tactics. You will be pleased to see that my sun dance fell once again upon deaf ears! Hail ... in May!



But the day was a great success despite the weather which in fact ended with blue skies and sunshine. Paul rounded off his day perfectly with this unusual Exe Valley capture. A fin perfect Brown Trout which took a Buzzer fished under a bite indicator. It provided Paul with a very dogged scrap and has enthused me even further to get back down to Colliford.



More fishing tomorrow (its a tough life!) with a regular guest Chris Greenham and then its bank holiday weekend and I feel it is time to break out the Sea Trout flies ...

No comments:

Post a Comment